LegalFish - Net the right lawyer

Find the Right Temporary Visa Lawyer

( * indicates required field)
1. What state and county is your legal issue in?*
STATE: Montana
2. What city is your legal issue in?*
3. How will you pay for legal services if you decide to hire a lawyer?*
(check all that apply)
4. Where are you, or the person seeking visa, currently?*

5. How long have you, or the person seeking citizenship, lived in the United States?
6. What is your personal information?
Country of origin
Marital Status
If married, citizenship of spouse:
Number of children
7.What is the reason for seeking a visa?
8. Have you spoken to a lawyer regarding this matter?
9. Please create a summary or title for your legal matter using only a few words.*
10. Please provide any additional relevant information here. Do not disclose any information you wish to remain confidential.*
First Name:*
Middle Name or Initial:
Last Name:*
Phone Number:*
Email:* (this will also be your login username)
Confirm Email: *
Choose Password:*
If you would like to receive replies to your case posting through LegalFish MobilePro SMS text messaging service, enter your mobile phone number email address:
(How do I find my mobile phone's email address?)

Social Resources


Get additional information and advice about legal topics that you can use.


Our MARKETPlace Directory is a comprehensive nationwide directory of products and services for legal professionals and consumers.

For Consumers:

Financial Services


Medical Services

For Attorneys:

Business Services

Court Reporters

Expert Witnesses

Litigation Funding

Practice Development

Process Servers

What City is Your Issue In?

Lawyers in Montana

Find the right lawyer in Montana using LegalFish. You can use the form on the left to find an attorney in almost any area of law. To find a local attorney, please click on one of the cities below.




Great Falls


Information About Non-Immigrant Visas

Non-immigrant visas are for citizens of other countries who would like travel to the U.S. temporarily. A non-immigrant visa allows you access to the United States through any U.S. “port-of-entry”, i.e. an airport. Although a visa does not guarantee entry into the U.S., it is a necessary prerequisite. Recently, international visitors must also request permission from the Department of Homeland Security immigration inspector at the airport before officially entering the country. The exact type of non-immigration visa needed for a specific visit is defined by U.S. immigration law and is given based on the reason for visiting the U.S. Some of the most common types of visa include work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Who Can Get a Non-Immigrant Visa 

To determine if you are eligible to receive a visa, see "Grounds for Ineligibility" on the "Information about Green Cards" page. If you find that none of these specifications apply, and would like to apply for a visa, below is a list of possible means of eligibility.

Some persons who would obtain a non-immigrant visa (immediate family is generally included):

  • Academic students
  • Foreign government officials and attendants
  • Visitors
  • Aliens in Transit
  • Crewmen
  • Treaty Traders and Treaty Investors
  • Foreign government officials to international organizations (i.e. NATO) and their attendants
  • Temporary workers
  • Foreign media representatives
  • Exchange visitors
  • Fiancé(e)s of U.S. citizens
  • Spouses of U.S. citizens
  • Intracompany transferees
  • Vocational Language Students
  • Workers with extraordinary abilities
  • Athletes and Entertainers
  • International Cultural Exchange visitors
  • Religious workers
  • Witnesses and informants
  • Victims of a severe form of human trafficking
  • Workers with a trade visa from NAFTA
  • Victims of certain crimes
  • Certain second preference beneficiaries

Other types of persons in need of visas include those with: Humanitarian Parole, Temporary Protected Status, or Transit without Visa.

How to Get a Visa 

Similarly to green cards, you need to make an appointment at your country’s U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Ask about fees over the telephone, and bring the appropriate documentation (passport, application, proof of payment of fees, and documents to support the application detailing employment, reason for travel and financial status) to the appointment. After the appointment, the visa should be issued in a few weeks, though there is no guarantee of being granted a visa.

What Type of Non-Immigrant Visa to Apply For 

Click here to view the different non-immigration classifications and visas where you can find the most appropriate visa for your situation.